"The relationship with the past (AQUINO) administration was horrible" - Donald Trump said - KNOWLEDGE POWER PH

Breaking

Special Offers

Wednesday, November 15, 2017

"The relationship with the past (AQUINO) administration was horrible" - Donald Trump said


"I mean, the Philippines, we just could not have been treated nicer. And as you know, we were having a lot of problems with the Philippines. The relationship with the past administration was horrible, to use a nice word. I would say "horrible" is putting it mildly. You know what happened. Many of you were there, and you never got to land. The plane came close but it didn't land.



And now we have a very, very strong relationship with the Philippines, which is really important -- less so for trade, in this case, than for military purposes. It is a strategic location -- the most strategic location. And, if you look at it, it's called the most prime piece of real estate from a military standpoint.



So it's very important that we get along with the Philippines, and we really do. We have a very good relationship. I would actually say probably better than ever before.



So we've accomplished a lot. I've enjoyed it very much. My press -- I feel so sorry for them. They're exhausted. Would you like to stop in another couple of countries? Because we can do that if you want. (Laugh.) Otherwise, we'll go to the plane and we'll take off. But we'll be landing in Washington in about 22 hours.

So I appreciate everybody. And I very much appreciate your time. I know how hard you worked also. We all worked hard. But I think the fruits of our labor are going to be incredible, whether it's security of our nations, whether it's security of the world, or whether it's trade. And it's going to really amount to a lot.

Thank you all very much. I appreciate it. Thank you."

- US President Donald Trump

No comments:

Post a Comment